February 4, 2014

four: good thing this blog isn't a child

out of all the days of this blog challenge, this will have to be the most boring. so seriously, don't even read this. when i first started my blog it was called "a sight to be seen" where all i really posted about was poetry, pictures of books and lace on my desk and my dogs (at the time). everything was really frilly and delicate and my font color was the most softest grey i could find. i picked a "sight to be seen" because  in my high school days i was what i called a "scene" kid. i started the blog after high school so i thought it was clever to spin off the word "scene" but in a delicate way. so that became "seen." the end. but then i started to have a crush on this guy named stephen. we got engaged and i started posting more about my personal life, our adventures together as a couple and so on...hence changing the name to just "stephen+danica". after we got married i was the only one really posting and this whole blog just resembled more of a scrap book/ journal so then i thought simply just call it "love, danica" like how i would end a journal entry. from delicate whimsy to bold life as a new couple to now...kind of a cross between the two...here it is: "love, danica'. this blog name could change again maybe after i have kids but who knows. all i can say is good thing this blog isn't a child...because my future babies would be really screwed up.

p.s anybody else worry about changing their mind about their babies name once it's born? no, like seriously. i think i'll have that problem.

8 comments:

  1. This prompt was super boring for me too...I was so indecisive (and not creative) about choosing a blog name, that I literally just used my monogram.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha so funny about the baby name...the good news you have 9 months to stew,pick, and re think a name...plus if you tell people the names you are considering they will most likely tell you why they dont like it or how that kids will get made fun of lol. If it makes you feel better I liked my kids names even more as they got older b/c of the personality that comes along with it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true! Hopefully when the time comes I will be pretty set on a name. But maybe after what you said I won't tell anybody what the name is so they can't rag on it!

      Delete
  3. Hey sweet girl! Can I just tell you how much I adore your blog?? I am so glad you found me and I would love for you to follow along with me at http://sincerelymrslo.blogspot.com/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I totally thought I'd be that person that would want to change my kids names but now my theory is, just have more children!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that is the best advice ever! I hope God will allow me to have a couple then.

      Delete