February 8, 2013

friday night sushi date


  so we're driving home from work. ( yes, we carpool ) and he asks what's for dinner. 
me:i was planning on making soup. him:what kind of soup? me: vegetable soup. him: (sigh). me:what did you have in mind honey? him: i want to take you out. (cute flirty grin). me: ( not taking long to visualize my cleaning of pots and pans and slaving over the stove.) OK!
it also didn't take long for us to decide where we wanted to go. if you can picture two thought bubbles simultaneously shouting "REVOLVING SUSHI"...that was it. even if it's because he doesn't want my  vegetable soup for dinner it still makes me melt when i hear the words "i wanna take you out". nothing is better than a easy and fun date on a friday night. but i was definitely ready for revolving sushi. probably the coolest thing in the world, at least in my opinion. my mom introduced me to this style of eating sushi and i have never turned back! if you don't know what revolving sushi is: you basically sit down and in front of you is a bunch of sushi on tiny plates that goes around on a conveyer belt thing. you pick up one that you like (no ordering necessary. if it looks yummy, you grab it!) and you eat it. eventually you rack up a bunch of tiny plates and at the end of your meal you tally up the number of plates you have which equate to how much you pay. each plate is about $1 to $2 which is pretty good considering you're getting some gnarly authentic sushi. so authentic...some of the sushi looks really disgusting. resembling tongues and fingers and slime? so disgusting that i try not to look at it as it rolls by. that may seem silly but i'm a little squeamish. anyways, it's super fun and beats any sushi place if your looking for the cool factor. by the way, you can always tell the cool factor when there are a ton of hip fashion forward asians eating there. this is always a good sign. with stephen growing up in hong kong i'm sure he's no stranger to the  revolving sushi atmosphere but he loves it too. he likes showing off how many plates he has. he always beats me but so what.
so that was our friday night. as for updates, we've been super busy this week and it feels so good that it's finally friday. the weekend forecast is busy as well ( when is it not ) but i'll be on the sofa for as long as i can tomorrow and soak up some laziness before sunday when i have to be at church all day. don't get me wrong, i love serving at church but sometimes i wish i had a full weekend to do absolutely nothing. you know? anyways, that's my life and i'm blessed so no complaining but yea, it's friday. i went on an awesome date with my husband and i'm happy. have a great friday!





2 comments:

  1. I don't like sushi, but this date looks so adorable!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun! glad you had a good time ;)

    ReplyDelete