January 19, 2013

our dirty laundry

this is pretty much a wife fail post and i'm sure some of you can relate.when we got married only 8 months ago our apartment was spotless. maybe because i wanted to show stephen he married the cleanest person in the world (didn't fool him on that one)  or we didn't have as much stuff as we do now. it could be a mix of both , but anyways this post is sad and hilarious in it's own way. i just had to take these before and after pictures. (by the way the before pictures are when we first moved in. it was a little house tour to show friends and family our new nest). anyways, this shows you what only 8 months of marriage, working full time, trying to exercise, cooking dinner every night, serving at church, walking Sadie and taking college courses looks like:
i hope you feel super loved readers because my parents haven't even seen our true colors yet. but, actually. i take that back. my parents lived with me for 22 years....i'm sure they wouldn't be surprised i don't put the laundry away until a week later or that i leave target bags and lunch boxes on the table. this seriously scares me though! we got a dog and it's only been 8 months of marriage.....what will our apartment look like after 8 years of marriage???? and kids????!!! i always said i'm going to teach my kids to be clean, as close to Leave It To Beaver as i could. well, i guess our kids are screwed. and now the best before and after picture yet! the bedroom: tada!
i'm going to try and balance my life a little better..but honestly...who can do all the things most women do (list above) and not get any help? (like professional help). anybody want to get hired as a cleaning lady once a month for a deep cleaning? i mean my husband helps a lot more then the average man probably does. ( bless his heart ) but when do i seriously have time to scrub the base boards or dust behind the windows? wife fail. i feel like i can't do it all...which i can't but i'm doing my best to stay positive and pray someday i'll be able to stay home and be the perfect housewife. but let's be honest here, even if i was a stay at home wife....that laundry still wouldn't be put away for another week. bleh!


9 comments:

  1. Seriously, thank you for this! I consider myself a neat freak. . . ha ha funny joke! This week I had a pile of clean laundry sitting on top of our dresser that almost reached the ceiling for at least 4 days and a pile of dirty laundry on the floor that is at least 3 loads. What I don't get is why I don't think I have anything to wear if we even have that many clothes. I will say, good luck when you do have kids. :) I think you just learn how to be okay wiht mess. But, your pics really weren't that messy. How do I subscribe to your blog. I've been confused by that whenever I try with a blogspot blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh! 3 loads! that already sounds overwhelming to me!

      p.s on the right side bar there is a link "subscribe" or you can follow the blog by clicking "join this site".

      Delete
  2. This cracks me up! Your house is beautiful... and it's lived in. Don't stress about it. Just take the time to enjoy life and your family when you have time, and clean house in between the important moments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi heather! you can email me your question! just click on the "email" tab above my about picture.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE this post so much! I love how real it is!! I always feel so guilty when I see pictures of peoples pristine houses, when mine looks the way it does most of the time. I seriously do not understand how people keep their homes looking perfect?? I go to work, look after our daughter when I'm home, cook the dinners, watch some TV (which is a necessity, of course), and sleep- exactly when am I supposed to fit in housework every day? It's nice to know I'm not the only one without super powers! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha love this post /// did you know that i am a clean freak . lol. kids can be taught to put things away ..lol.. i promise ; )

    ReplyDelete