November 25, 2012

Christmas decoration depression

i'm not in the Christmas spirit. and neither is stephen. we're pretty much grumps right now. our neighbors put up their Christmas tree already and so have a million other people on instagram and facebook. am i being pressured by the internet world to hurry up and get my Christmas on? maybe. ok, yes. i hate feeling pressured! i start over analyzing and then getting depressed that our apartment is too small and where we would we put a tree anyhow, and where would i put decorations? on and on and on. so this is pretty much a rant but hopefully after i post it i'll feel better. i'm going to try to get into the spirit, but our wallets also have to be wise judges. one of my friends got married around the same time as me ( so she has no decorations either ) and spent over $100 on Christmas stuff. ugh! not sure how much this decorating business is going to cost...but i guess i'm just a little uninspired right now. i could be freaking out though because this is our first real Christmas together as a married couple, so it's all on us! no more nice 4 bedroom house that mommy decorated so beautifully with decorations accumulated from the 90's! it's my turn! starting from scratch!? on a positive note though, my mother-in-law never decorated for Christmas so i guess if i don't go all out..stephen won't be having some childhood memory withdrawals or something. as much as this decorating and tree thing is getting me weirdly annoyed and anxious...these pictures cheer me up right away. maybe Christmas decorating this year won't be so bad after all....as long as i have these adorable pictures to get me through the decoration depression.


5 comments:

  1. I remember the first year- yes, the decorations seemed overwhelmingly expensive! Some people drop $100 on one decoration, and I can't help but to feel a little envious. I'm working on that, and consciously trying to remind myself to be grateful for every humble blessing we have. I don't remember how much we actually spent that first year, but we scored mostly cheap decorations from the dollar store. We started a tradition of buying one new (nice) ornament every year. Another fun festive (cheap) thing you can try is making paper snowflakes! I made some last night, and I'm hooked. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a great idea sarah, thank you! this seems silly, but im actually not sure on how to make a paper snowflake. haha

      Delete
  2. wahhh! You are married and beautiful and SO happy! I am so glad I rediscovered your blog. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "re"discovered"? you've read my blog before? well, darling. welcome back! hope you enjoy my rants and crazy grammar.

      Delete
  3. ha ha ha i like very much these pet
    Christmas Decoration. I never seen these kinds of pet decoration yet.

    ReplyDelete