September 4, 2012

labor day weekend in san francisco: uncle don's house








Aug. 31st, 2012.
Stephen here. Over this past weekend we had the privilege of going up to the Bay Area during Labor Day. During our time up there we got to stay at one of my favorite places, Uncle Don's house.

Over the last 20 years Don Lenhart has been a very close friend to my family and me. I call him Uncle Don because that's what I used to call him when I was little kid, and since I consider him family the name still sticks today. He is a very generous man who has helped my family on so many occasions in the past, such as letting us borrow his car to travel and giving us a place to stay when we needed it. When I was a teen he opened his home to us while my parents were on their missionary furlough during two consecutive summers. I have many good memories of his house and it was definitely a treat to be able to visit him once again after so many years. So with that said, visiting again but with my now wife was something very special and exciting. Danica loved his house which was a walking time bomb of the 1960's. He cooked the best eggs I've ever had...( almost better then Danica's) but she said she would try to make them like Uncle Don from now on. We all had so much fun in the bay area but here are some photos of his house. Well, the weekend is here and Danica is going to be starting school and another job so life in the Pardini family will be a little busy. Have a great weekend everybody!

3 comments:

  1. oooo love his house! :D What a fun and memory filled place to stay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks exactly as I remember it. I hope Don is doing well! I'm glad you had fun, Steve & Danica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gentri@ i know! more pictures to come but those were my favorite

    amy@i'm sure! ( *whispers* since it hasn't changed since the early 60's ) ha! ha! stephen was definitly loving the childhood memories with the family there. it was so fun. we're hoping to take a week off next summer to spend time with don and your parents as well.

    ReplyDelete