February 25, 2012

ON THE ROAD WITH LOVEBIRDS: SAFARI




















I had the best birthday you could imagine. Being 22 feels pretty good so far and I'm amazed at how many new things will be coming into play this year of 22. For my birthday the country was nice enough to give not just me but everyone a day off! ( But really you can thank President Washington). Because we had the day off Stephen surprised me with a road trip to Palm Desert. I had been asking for hints since he told me we were going on the road. All he said was wear tennis shoes and shorts. Oh God. The first thing I was thinking was Lord please tell me he's not taking me to work out for my birthday! We have both been stressed with work, future living and all the mundane tasks of wedding planning...we really needed a breather and boy did we get one! Two hours in the car just talking, singing and laughing. When I saw we were going to a zoo/safari park I was ecstatic. He knows me so well and he is so unbelievably thoughtful and sweet. The park was gorgeous and the animals were breath taking. We had so much fun (not being at work) being together and marveling in God's creation and splendor. The vulture was Stephen's favorite by all means. Mine the giraffe. All in all just a wonderful day to spend quality time together and get away from everything. :)

Hope you are having a blessed weekend. I'm so excited for all the new things coming up. My bridal shower is coming soon and we did a bridal shower photo shoot for my invitations! You have to see them! haha. Dear goodness. Well, that's it for now.


3 comments:

  1. AW, DANICA!

    I am so happy for you, and every time I see the two of you, it lights up my world just seeing the love and affection that is radiating from you both! I have missed talking to you, and you should post up pictures of your bridal shower shoot! It's all so exciting!!!

    And happy belated birthday, darling. :)

    Love, Anh ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anh! That means so much to me. <3

    ReplyDelete