September 17, 2011

Patience is Love



We have been engaged for ten months now. It's been hard seeing a bunch of Stephens peers get engaged before or the same time as us and they have already gotten married. Most of the people he knows are married and to say the least, it annoys me and I don't like talking about it. I find it very troubling that some people can get engaged and then get married whenever they want;and what seems to be like their dream wedding at that. I simply come to the Lord and ask Him to wipe these negative and hateful emotions out of me and help me see that God has (unfortunately) called us to be patient at this time. I love Stephen and I love our engagement but we are ready to fly and make our new home and it's such a bummer we have to wait because we are not yet financially ready. Nine out of ten married couples I've talked to were dirt poor and started in an apartment (even studio) with no furniture and no dishes or some worse yet..not t.v! I know my family wants me to be taken care of but they aren't willing to help financially then what is it their business to tell me when they think I can get married and when they don't? So ladies, I am starting my wedding planning. We actually picked a date (my parents don't know yet so we'll keep it quite) and I have made my guest list and my engagement pictures are TODAY! I talked to Stephen and we both agreed that we don't know what we were waiting for in all the planning. We were too scared to make a date because we weren't sure if we'd be financially ready but guess what? If you don't light a fire under your behind and don't set a date...it will never happen! I've been bringing home Bridal magazines to make my mom look at it and she's willing to help me with ideas which is what I really need right now. I'm just going to really trust the Lord that He will put this together. We are doing it on our own and I'm praying we will continue to be patient with each other and enjoy our engagement for what it is. This isn't a race but a journey. Maybe 20 years from now I will be the comfort to another bride and tell her that we didn't get married for 2 years either and we had to do it by ourselves. There is always a reason for everything.

Lord, please continue to give me the patience and the strength to plan this wedding, stay pure in our actions and patience for my family during this time. Help me see that your hand is in this no matter what and that there is a reason for all you do. Father, help Stephen and I learn from this engagement what you intended us to learn. We've come so far with surgeries, insecurity meltdowns, traveling, cooking, new cars and all of the above. We thank you for bringing us together Lord but we just ask your hand and your blessing. Help us to do whats right and help us plan this wedding with ease.
Amen.

Romans 12:12
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

2 comments:

  1. you will be a lovely bride, miss danica :) one of my friends has been engaged for a year and a half after dating her fiance for four years. she's not getting married until september 2012. best of luck with planning everything!<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw. I feel so proud of you. God will honor your faith. It isn't by sight that we walk and I too know many couples who were drawn to another in pure love and had nothing financially to offer and GOD truly does bless and provide when you are trusting fully on Him.. thank you so much for sharing girl and what an inspiration.

    When you think about it, as a woman of faith, a dream wedding is knowing that the man you are walking down the aisle to loves God with all his heart, mind and soul and wants you to be apart of that!

    Such a beautiful blessing...

    ♥cheche

    ReplyDelete