April 14, 2011

Insight From Beth

This post is from Fresh Grace one of my favorite blogs ever and a good friend of mine! This post was practically genius, true and witty...I love her...anyways-enjoy. :)

"Hello, all.
So to change things up a bit, I thought I'd bring attention to something I've been thinking a lot about lately that isn't directly related to my personal life. Yes?
I've got this theory, you see... That evolutionists have it all wrong. They think we started as these primitive cells who started from a one track mind of stay alive to the complex state we are now, where we are continually thinking of better ways to improve ourselves and our surroundings. But you see... I just can't agree with that. I feel like we hit the peak of our existence somewhere around 1930-something and ever since then we've been on this slippery slope in the opposite direction, rapidly taking us from a high society of class to this giant pile of douche-baggery. I mean honestly, how do we go from finding THIS attractive

To this??

But of course it isn't just females... Look at how classy Fred Astaire looks. Modestly dressed, tailored, and with a swagger that he doesn't have to prove.

And then there's this idiot.

It seems we've gone back to our carnal way of thinking, back when we were just those slimy blobs of whatever, trying to avoid the bigger slimy blobs from eating us and trying to impress the female blobs to mate with us. Men bulk up and try to look intimidating when we all know they are really just full of hot air, and women show as much skin as possible to look sexy when really, you just look like a cheap prostitute. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh?
But PLEASE... Someone tell me I'm not alone in my thinking??"

6 comments:

  1. You're alone in your thinking. PAULYDFOLIFE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. paulyd was a late 80's early 90's movie star. He isn't very popular anymore and most of his films he played a stoner. So yeah. I don't get it either.

    I loved this post by Beth I definitely don't think she is alone in her thinking.

    ♥cheche

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Rereading it, it makes me laugh. Anonymous' comment is referring to the Jersey Shore guy I posted. Pauly D is his name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you so strongly. The pictures completely sum up what has happened to style. I couldn't have said it better myself. Or actually, I could have said it myself, but I can't really think of a reason why I prefer Fred's fashion to the wife-beater.

    ReplyDelete