April 8, 2011

breakfast, what a delight



I loove breakfast! Could have breakfast for lunch and dinner no questions asked. Something so comforting and filling about it! It makes me sad that I always just have cereal in the morning but back in old days ( 1960's and down I presume ) had very hearty breakfasts! Women would serve their families toast, eggs, ham, oatmeal and all the things we should be eating for breakfast! If you think breakfast is a granola bar and a glass of OJ....I feel very sorry for you and I hope this pictures arouse your taste buds and you have a hearty breakfast soon! Mhmmm. Toast and eggs.

P.S I think maybe women back in the 1950's were smaller too because they ate big breakfast and didn't eat bad things for snacks, lunch and dinner later. Make sense?

3 comments:

  1. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I agree that it's lovely.

    I notice there's an "egg in a basket" among those pictures, love that! Haven't made it in a while but it used to be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my first blogposts I posted the recipe, hope this helps;)
    http://blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/2009/11/feel-good-food-i-love-love-love-v-for.html
    And sometimes you might want to put a little butter in the hole too, but only if the pan isn't greasy enough already after you've already fried the bread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha your so cute. I could eat pancakes and waffles and biscuits at any time. I enjoy a tasty breakfast! mmm delicious looking photos!! Congrats on being able to get your dress paid for :)!! You are going to look soooo beautiful Danica :)

    ♥cheche

    ReplyDelete