March 23, 2011

One Year Anniversary!

So I'm happy to share with you all that Stephen and I had our first year anniversary last night! He took me to Medieval Times where they have an authentic Medieval dinner ( besides Pepsi ) but anyhow with no utensils!! Yes, I said no utensils and you only get one napkin through the whole 4 course meal. I wasn't too delighted in the fact that I hate being messy but all in all I had a blast and I ended up having fun digging my fingers through ribs and chicken...yum! There was jousting, fighting, games and fun entertainment with horses doing special trots, walks and tricks ( they were soo cute! ). Stephen also bought me a beautiful princess jewel crown thing which I will wear the next time I go to Disney Land no doubt. He also bought himself a green crown which suited him very well as opposed to the flimsy paper ones they gave us. I love how Stephen is the kind of man that splurges on unnecessary things just to make the evening more pleasurable and fun. He really is something else. It seems very un interesting to you I'm sure but I really do love that about him. Because believe me, there is nothing more horrible then to go to the movies and not be able to get popcorn and candy, or going to Disney Land and not getting the candy apple and the Minnie Ears, you know? I'm he will be the kind of Dad ( one day ) that will unfold at his child's face and say yes to the Light Saber toy at Disney Land or yes to the Princess Crown at Medieval Times. :) He's just wonderful like that. We had a blast and I can't wait to go back some day! But all Medieval-ness aside...I can't believe it's already been a whole year that we've been a couple. Seems like yesterday we were sitting on the beach and he asked me to be his girlfriend. We've done so much together and I'm completely in awe of all that God has crafted within us. Truly amazing if I don't say so myself. Gee. Anyways, here is a goofy picture of us before we entered the castle. ;)

Have a wonderful end of the week! And by the way....I have a second interview for the Christian Preschool I want to work at! Please pray that God will be at hand and get me this job! God knows how desperately we need it.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Danica,

    I found you through another blog I follow- congratulations on your one year! That is so special! I love reading all of your wedding updates, so keep it up!
    :) Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will pray darling. And you guys look like you had soooo much fun. And I am extremely hungry now after reading about the chicken they feed you there! soo delicious..

    ♥cheche

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only one napkin! I would not manage that! Isn't it lovely meeting someone who doesn't mind if your eating and you get a bit messy (because of the lack of cutlery of course!) my boyfriend doesn't mind either.

    ReplyDelete