March 14, 2011

Clueless Bride


When I ask anyone when I should do something or how for example:
"When do I take engagement pictures? Do I have enough time to loose weight?"

"I don't neeed to loose that much right? I don't think I'm thaat chubby. Yea, who cares."

"When do I ask my bridesmaids to be my bridesmaids?"

"What time does it have to start and end?"

"I can't decide on colors, do you think yellow is okay?"

Good grief! People look at me exasperated and just simply say, "How the hell should I know, it's your wedding."
I thought because I was so young I would automatically have my mom holding my hand every step of the way and telling me what to do. I thought anybody would tell me what to do and when to do them. I've never been married ( obviously ) and all the weddings I've been to I was too young to care or remember. I have a membership to The Knot which is an awesome website but I quickly feel overwhelmed by all the information and ideas and I don't know where to start. I got the announcing engagement, date and venue figured out so far but I have no idea about anything else. I like soft, dainty colors but I can't seem to stick to one idea. I know for sure I want a Parisian country look but there are so many different types of that theme I'm just lost!

Maybe it's hard right now because we don't have enough money yet to actually start buying, creating and ordering...do you think that's the problem? I have no idea if I'm doing this right. I feel like it will be January 2012 and I will have nothing done on time. And don't get me wrong. I'm not stressed-I have fun planning and thinking about what I want but I'm just overwhelmed at all the different ideas, how and when to do things. I'm basically terrified and clueless about time tables. Does that make sense? And I'm sure no one is reading this rant, but if you are....give me advice on some time tables! Please!?

2 comments:

  1. aw. Danica dear. This is such a sad post. I know that God is calling you guys to get married and that He will provide all that you need to have the wedding you want and deserve. Just be in prayer and watch and see how your efforts come together with the Lords will. If you can't pick colors "GET ON YOUR KNEES AND PRAY...SO TO SPEAK". Present it all to the Lord because guess what? This wedding is HIS. It is your day on earth but it belongs to HIM for HIS glory. So ask God to reveal it and He will :).

    I have a few friends getting married in the next few months and their engagements are a lot shorter than yours but they are all saying the same thing about the stress and the work-BUT- God has been streaming it all together nicely for all 3 of them nonetheless :). So there is some sisterly HOPE and ENCOURAGEMENT for you. Sorry I can't be of any more help not being engaged and all. Lol.

    BE STILL AND KNOW THAT [HE] is GOD :).


    ♥cheche

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danica,

    I felt the same way when I was planning my wedding. Have you looked at The Knot's checklist? I have been using that throughout the whole process and it has kept me organized. Wedding Wire also has a great checklist!

    I also went out a bought a journal and used it for all of my ideas, contact numbers, etc. so everything was in the same place.

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete