February 19, 2011

On The Road with Love Birds: My Amazing "Future" Family

First of all I put future in parentheses because technically they are not my family but they certainly are! Amy is Stephen's eldest sister who lives in Prosser Washington with her hubby and her now five children. Here is a picture of all the kids so you get the idea how adorable they are ( minus the new little one ).

I felt so at home and I couldn't believe how fast the kids grew to love me. Within five minutes of me arriving the girls were in my suitcase pulling out my shoes and being mesmerized by my hair-stuff and make up. And within ten minutes they were all calling me Auntie Danica. ( I've never had anything melt my heart as much as those two words, seriously. ) Stephen and I also had a blast because his mom Peggy was there. We hadn't seen her since (here) after our San Francisco trip! I know we are not married yet but I consider them my family already-I've met his sister once before this trip and his mom a few times before but we are none short of "I love yous" and "wish you were heres". I miss his parents a lot almost like if they were my own. Spending time with his family was such a great experience and I really miss Amy's house a lot. I love being in a house where God is present....Amy is a lot like how I picture myself being a mom-she's awesome. ( And if your reading this Amy...I love you and your an inspiration to me! )I miss all the kids running around and pulling on my shirt and asking me to play with them. I miss holding in laughter as the girls get in trouble for fighting with each other over who gets to set next to me at dinner. I miss Sophie's adorable eyes that squint when she smiles and Gabe's high pitched voice when he whines. Doesn't sound like much of a vacation but it was heart warming and comfortable to spend so much time with his family.













P.S I have no idea why all these pictures are off balance but I don't care enough to try and figure out how to fix it. :) And sisters- Please pray that my health will improve! I'm currently missing the Legacy bible study I've waited two months for on account of me being sick. It is also my 21st birthday tomorrow and our engagement party is on Monday as well! Oh Lord, please help me feel better!

4 comments:

  1. Aw, how lovely! Those children really seem to have taken to you, haven't they? How adorable!
    Happy birthday for tomorrow, Danica! Hope you have a lovely time and I look forward to hearing about the engagement party! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved having you, Danica! Come back any time. :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely pictures! and cute, cute kids :)

    ReplyDelete