January 2, 2011

My Year:2010


2010 was possibly the best year of my life and I will tell you why. When my birthday last year came around everyone said it was to be my golden birthday because I was turning 20 on the 20th. I am the last person to believe in luck or fate but I was certainly anticipating 2010 to be fabulous for many a reason. It's funny that when I turned 20 I jokingly thought I would meet my future husband. I did. God lead me to my home church now ( Voyagers ) where I serve full time, have lots of support and friends....I love my church family and I have grown so much because of what Christ has done there. Of course without me knowing I met Stephen at church and thought he was the cutest thing ever. We wrote letters, glanced back in forth ( which seems like yesterday ) and now I'm engaged to him...living my happily ever after. A few months back when things seemed grim and I changed my career goals ( which seems out of nowhere ) with no steady income, no car insurance no nothing. Now, I have a steady job as a nanny, I'm close to purchasing my own car insurance and I look forward to figure out how to plan a wedding! God keeps opening up doors and I'm ready for some to close and for some more to open again. 2010 was amazing and I couldn't have wanted it any other way. Now with 2011 arriving at full speed...I will hopefully be getting married this year and having my first legal alcoholic beverage! Planning our engagement party now too...any invitation ideas? I'm wanting a Vintage/French/Country theme to my party and wedding. Seems easy enough...vintage and French are never out of style. The date will be January 17th so I have a couple weeks to get things done. So much to do! So excited!!

What I'm looking forward to this year so far:

1. Planning our engagement party.
2. Being old enough to order wine at dinner ( which I won't like anyways but I want to surprise people because I look like I'm 16. )
3. Opening a savings account with Stephen
4. Having dates at Disney Land
5. Going on vacation to WA to visit/meet Steve's family.
3. Making a steady income: More money=married faster. :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so happy for you! You really are living the life of love, I'm somewhat envious you and Stephen get to get married (somewhat) so soon!

    Good luck with planning the engagement party, I'm sure it'll be beautiful. I look forward to photos of the invitations and night/day! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new year! it looks like you had a great year in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great year you had! I hope 2011 brings you lots of love and happiness! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete