January 15, 2011

Being a Nanny


It's been my third day being a Nanny for the Trinh family and all I can say is...I can't wait to go full time! Right now all I'm doing is chores. I so did not sign up to be a housekeeper ( not to mention that I suck at it ) but I love the fact that they want to spend time with their babies as much as they can right now. They are super good parents ( a little bit on the neat freak, germaphobe side ) but they are awesome people and I'm so glad I work for them. I think they are pretty much happy with me but for some reason I feel like they think I could do better. I've tried my hardest to meet their needs but there is just something in my gut that tells me I'm doing something wrong. I can't put my finger on it but I pray that the Lord will give me strength to fulfill their needs to the best of my abilities. That I can show them my faith through my actions and my words. God, please help me have a good attitude at work and guide me throughout the day. I may not be as wonderful and perfect as Mary Poppins....but I hope God can teach me how to be the best Nanny ever.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck Danica! I'm sure you'll pull through x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully I've had good experiences being a nanny, but that doesn't mean there have been some hard times. The neatfreak parents are always the worst! Just be honest with them about how you're feeling. Ask them how you can do better (although it sounds like you're doing a pretty great job already) and if they kind of avoid it/don't tell you then I would personally tell them how I'm feeling if course a delicate way. But then again each situation is different.

    What a neat opportunity this would be to show your faith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so exciting! I will be praying that you can be the best Nanny you can possibly be! Growing up I had a nanny for quite some time, and some of my fondest memories are with her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Danica I posted a comment in your previous post would you kindly have a look?:)

    ReplyDelete