December 1, 2010

Our Engagement Story

On November 29th, 2010 Stephen proposed! ♥


I would have gotten up, showered and gotten ready like any old trip to Disney Land ( sweats, T-shirt, old shoes ) But instead...I wore something a little bit nicer and did my hair and make-up just in case he happens to propose today. I'm still fumbling through layers of clothing when Stephen walks up and sits at the top of the stairs waiting for me to finish dressing. I open the door as I put my jacket on and he looks at me smiles and says, "Today is going to be a fantastic day." A little strange but cute nonetheless. I'm just wondering why he has his nice suede jacket and his hair all jelled ( which he only does for special occasions or for work ) and why he has this goofy grin on his face.....I feel like something is coming! We get in the car and we are on the free way and he mentions that he has a reservation for us at 5:30. "Reservations!? For what, why!?" I said with jolting pictures in my head of him kneeling on one knee. :) He said that he made reservations for Big Thunder Mountain ( a cool BBQ restaurant near Thunder Mountain roller coaster. ) Walking now through Disney Land's Main Street...Stephen is gushing over the Christmas decorations. ( He didn't gush last time we were here. hmmm. )

He insists we walk through the castle and right as we walk under I thought he was going to propose but no cigar. We went on the tea cups ride and then we walk around to where the Castle begins again. He tells me there is this cool Easter egg/hidden mickey he researched online that he wants me to see. Okaaaay? Stephen says, "It's very sparkly...I think you'll like it." I can feel its coming but I act sorta dumb just in case he doesn't. He walks me down to Snow White's Wishing Well where there was this beautiful bridge with pink hearts and a fountain with Snow White statues and ( of course ) the wishing well which played "Someday My Prince Will Come".


He points me in the direction of the fountain and tells me to look for this stone towards the center at the very bottom. It takes me a few seconds to realize that there is no "stone" and Steve is no beside me....I turn around and low and behold...Stephen is on one knee with his gorgeous blue eyes gleaming and a blue box with my ring inside. ( Ahhhhhhh!!!!) Stephen proceeded with, "Danica, I love you so much and I would be more than honored for you to be my wife. Will you marry me?" I stood still for a moment and then let out an eager yes! He put the ring on my finger and there we were. Engaged and at Disney Land. Couldn't be any better.
Stephen immediately changed our status on facebook ( because that is so important ) while I texted all my friends and family.

Stephen's hands were shaking and I was still so shocked by this ring on my finger and knowing that what just happened was not a dream. After the initial proposal we went over to this store that sells pins near the Pirates ride and got this huge pins that say "Just engaged!" They were so cute and they gave it to us for free! We then headed over to Big Thunder Ranch and we got the best table right in front of the stage. Although outside seating only the place was very charming with gorgeous Christmas decorations mixed with a country loveliness that only Disney Land can achieve. We had an awesome all you can eat BBQ with chicken, ribs, sausage, corn, beans the whole thing! But no, we didn't just get dinner...we got a whole show! These entertainers came out and started singing and noticed our Just Engaged pins...immediately asked us who we are and bla bla bla. They dedicated a song to us by putting our names in the songs and it was so cute! So a magical proposal, a fabulous dinner and a cute little show....seriously...the best day of my entire life thus far.
Where I was looking for the "stone"
So excited! This calls for a smooch!

Happy, happy, happy girl!

Happy new engaged couple.
My gorgeous princess cut ring.


Stephen is just glad I said yes.
Sitting at dinner at Big Thunder Ranch.
The entertainers.
A magical ending to a magical day.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Danica, I am so, so super duper incredibly happy for the both of you! & It couldn't have been a cuter proposal. Really-- what's better than Disneyland? Sounds like such a magical day & I couldn't be more happy for you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome : ) Congrats !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Danica!!1
    Congratulations! God bless you!
    How cute Stephen is!
    I loved your ring! I'm really happy for you!

    Have a nice day
    ;*
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congratulations! Beautiful ring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! It WAS a magical day and I couldn't be more happy with how he did it, my ring and how the day went. Best day of my life so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great engagement story! Congratulations to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete