August 9, 2010

Womanly Rants, can I get an amen?

All I want is sweets, low lights and a manicure. And I shouldn't have any of them. I went to the doctors today and she has seen me struggle with this weight that refuses to come off for the past 4 years. She has now prescribed me a drug that is similar to Ali ( the weight loss diet pill ) I have to go to the pharmacy tomorrow and see if my insurance covers it and if not my doctor will try to fight it for me. Everything stupid like not liking the way anything looks, to being prideful and stating how gorgeous I am, to feeling squirmy and insecure during a sex scene in a movie.....I've been there done that. And I know I will struggle with weight for the rest of my life. But I am happy because I have a God who created my body to serve Him and a loving boyfriend who would marry me tonight if he could.

I know my wedding won't be for at least a good year, year and a half....I have plenty of time to get where I want. But for right now, I'm going to try to enjoy this season of life and enjoy the things that God has taught me. I was kinda of sad after leaving the doctor today but a simple call from Stephen made me realize that my outlook on my weight is all wrong. Sometimes guys look at us and can't even fathom why we can't understand that they love us for who we are. His phone call today helped me remember what is important. All in all, I'm mocking myself and my weight issues but at the same time rejoicing in all the positive. Sometimes as women, we just have to look at ourselves and laugh. Laugh at our earthly bodies, our hormones and our outlook and rejoice in the things that God has given us. Thank you Lord for this curvy, full body and for weaving me in the womb and calling me to be a confident beautiful woman of God. Can I get an amen?!

9 comments:

  1. Amen! :)
    I love you Danica, you are such a light. Thank you for the amazing example of what a woman of Christ should look like. Your confidence isn't prideful in the least, but it is the confidence that stands behind the truth of what God has done in making us images of Him. You are so beautiful, really.

    Always,
    Ellie Grace

    PS
    I am writing your letter now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. honey let me tell you this! I have struggled with weight since HIGHSCHOOL and I learned I had a body that wasn't pencil thin. Then I decided to stop eating and drastically dropped weight and was at my lowest state mentally when that happened. I can barely look at my face sometimes without wanting to be a new person but god has blessed me so much since I gave him my life. He has taught me these bodies we have will fade, and are meant to only worship him and carry out HIS will on earth. He has taught me to seek him before myself and that the WORLDS ViEW of who I am and HIS VIEW of who I am are at war. We are so beautiful and filled with the LOVE OF GOD and that is what I want my future husband to be attracted to because none of us can guarantee we will look even half as good as years go on. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HONESTY AND SHARING AND ITS SO INSPIRING TO SEE SOMEONE SLAP THEMSELVES AND RECOGNIZE WHO THEY ARE! you really are gorgeous and radiate so much love in your smile. I just thought I'd share my struggles with the vain and sinful eating issues I had and let you know we are ALL in the same boat one way or the other. you're definately not alone.. :)

    p.s. not a day goes by that I don't hear that voice telling me I'm ugly, fat, unworthy, blah blah blah but I just use them as a que to pray now and open up the bible or call upon a sister :). we should go on lake walks together!! its relaxing and a nice way to get some activity in :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A yes from me! An Amen too!
    I am about to go on holiday with my boyfriend and his family and the thought of having to sit with his beautifully toned mother in a bathing suit is turning me to jelly slightly. ah! But you are of course right. I do not much worry about my rounded frame, I think perhaps its more comfortable than being thin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMEN! I think all of us girls struggle with this. But then you have to realize that you are beautifully made. I'm now more focused on just being healthy, instead of all the other insecurities. LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you love that God created your body in his own perspective. You have the perfect body for you.
    Awww, I like how you speak of your boyfriend marrying you. True love is lovely. :)
    I hope you have a great day!





    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi danica <3

    ever since this day (http://withlovefromangelica.blogspot.com/2010/03/last-night-ben-proposed-to-me-and-i.html) i have been engaged! are you engaged as well? i can't tell you how much i can relate to this post, though, seriously. it's hard to love our bodies just as they are, but you're so right for thanking God no matter what :)
    i hope that everything gets easier for you!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's really odd how we struggle with our bodies. I've been trying to gain weight for years. there comes a point though, where you have to accept your body, along with everything else about you. there are plenty more interesting things to be preoccupied with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen indeed!
    ps: Those baby pinks made me smile~

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMEN!

    Why do we girls put ourselves through such torture? Ah, we should learn to love ourselves unconditionally, as we do others! I love your honesty; it's a beautiful thing to behold. :)

    Always,
    Anh♥

    ReplyDelete