August 25, 2010

it's too gloomy to think of a decent post title

It's gloomy and hot. And after what happened yesterday...not the best type of weather.

Stephen didn't get the job yesterday. There was a lot of crying, drama, hugging and yawning. Emotions were high and sleep was little but we got through it. It's a little bit more than just not getting the job...but we are seeking Christ's comfort and strength and we are hoping this season will be over soon. I think once we make it into September things might start looking up again. I'm just hoping that with all the stress and disappointment...his Crohn's doesn't come back.

"Blessed be Your name, when I'm found in the desert place. Though I walk through the wilderness, blessed be Your name. "

Although things aren't so good right now...I will continue to praise because I know He will deliver Stephen and I soon. I will still give praise because I know He is in control and he is sovereign above all.


6 comments:

  1. Oh my sweet friend, keep your chin up. You are so right, God will deliver you two from this desert. He will lift you up to a place of glory soon. Even though this honestly SUCKS and things are so junk right now, somehow He will be glorified through this.
    You two will be alright, I promise that to you. God has something better in store for Stephen. Remember, He never closes one door without opening another.

    I love you.
    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. things will get better, they will. I hope with all my heart that they get better soon, love <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry about the news :( it's comforting knowing there's Someone that will fix it all when it's meant to be fixed. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww thank you girls for your kind words. I love you all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry about the job. That's a really apt song for so much of life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, dearest, I hope the world is so much kinder to the both of you soon.
    Chin up, beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete