July 2, 2010

tea with mrs. pardini

I'm so very sorry that I have been so quiet. I used to blog almost everyday but now I'm blogging only once in awhile. I've been very busy this week because my bf's parents are in town and we have been spending a lot of time with them. I got to take his mom antique shopping today and we even got to visit my favorite tea house. ( She loves ladies tea as well ) :) So we sat down and had French tea and biscuits and we talked for about two hours and she is very happy and okay with the idea of her son and I getting engaged sometime soon. She told me a lot about him as a child and him growing up with his disease. It was very hard to hear but I'm glad I know why he's the way he is. He is an amazing guy and I just feel bad that he had to suffer so much as a child. I seriously appreciate her telling me though and I honestly believe I have a better understanding of him now. I've really enjoyed being in his parents company and I'm going to miss them when they leave tomorrow night. I feel like I'm a part of his family already and I can't believe they have to head back to Hong Kong tomorrow night...already! What a joy it was to finally meet his family....I couldn't be happier. This is for real....I will be an engaged woman sooner than I think.

6 comments:

  1. Danica you are such a sweet soul... I am so excited for the upcoming moments in your life. I am so glad you had a good time with your future in laws; they sound wonderful!

    Always,
    Ellie Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Early congratulations!

    I went to Hong Kong recently and I loved it so if the opportunity arises, visit your future in-laws :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, you sound like a busy bee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes i have to agree you and your blog are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No worries, dear. Call whenever you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you, thank you for your kind words. I was just suddenly terrified and ashamed. I don't mean to copy anyone, really I don't. Especially one of my dearest friends. I hadn't realised until I received that comment just how similar they were (having searched to find the post to which she refered). I will edit that new post a little, and maybe post it again. but I'm now worried about offending people.

    As for this post of yours, well, the first word that springs to mind is - congratulations (well, half congratulations for now anyway)! I'm so very glad that you seem to be having such a lovely time <3

    ReplyDelete