July 8, 2010

fools

I've been thinking a lot about my insecurities and how much they affect me...to the point where in some areas...it's chronic. Over the years I have learned how disabling and numbing it is to the soul. I understand that I will never be fully secure. Like Beth Moore said, " There is always going to be someone prettier, smarter, skinnier and way to soon...younger!." haha But all joking aside..we were not designed to be like this. We were not designed for self hate, self doubt or self absorption. I've thought a lot about how my insecurities cause me to lash out and have shameful tantrums at times. It has made a fool of me and insecurity has not been kind.
I am now understanding where my insecurities come from and I'm slowly learning how to deal with it. I am asking God to heal this ancient curse and make me whole. Has insecurity ever made a fool of you? Here is a great article on overcoming insecurity. :)

2 comments:

  1. "the more you know yourself and what you want, the less you let things upset you"

    i always think of this quote when in doubt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. as long as you believe in yourself everyone will do... you are pretty as you are!! just don't let things / people around think anything different!!

    lovely blog

    ReplyDelete