July 17, 2010

flash


An emblematic antique shop with dust bunnies that could swallow you whole. The floorboards squeaked underneath my feet and for a moment I felt shaken with fear. The old shop grew dark and all I remember seeing where glass door knobs stained with blue in a small wooden jewelry box. They were now crashing to the floor and I felt something flash adjacent to the cash register. My sister was there and she begged to go home; tugging on my dress then clinging. I don't recall where all the people were at that point. I don't know why I couldn't leave. The next thing I knew I had a key in my hands that I inexplicably knew what to do with. I crawl over the furniture and open the cash register. There was no money but only a photograph of what looked like three women fading into eternity. The figure had left but the sound of crunching leaves and giggles were still embedded in my mind. I smoothed my polished finger over the photograph; the figure had spoken and I couldn't see anymore. He had left me in the dark.

11 comments:

  1. you are most welcome.

    and yes, i'm coping. thank you love. hope you are good.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. eerily beautiful words you've written, love <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you write. It's beautiful and so easy to read, I can picture the scene.





    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful and captivating words, same goes for that magical photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your words are so stunning Danica. 'with dust bunnies that could swallow you whole' - oh I love this part so much it is beautiful <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey its che-
    i was really engaged with this one it sets up a fantasy and one wonders if it is just a dream or a child hood memory resurfacing after years of storage within the mind.
    i love the style and the feeling and
    i could see everything you wanted me to see. good job :)<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you so much che. <3 means a lot to me. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. More, please...did you write this or where is it from...do tell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. how stunning is this, and that photo is hauntingly beautiful ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. those words charm me! and that picture!! where did you find it??? so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love your blog!!!


    xx.
    nancyy (ctrl + ♥).

    ReplyDelete