June 1, 2010

I came to your party



I came to your party dressed as a shadow and you never knew, you never knew. I rolled through the halls like a velvet wave, as quiet as an empty stage. I blackened your eyes and stole the light from your glass. But in the cold calm of the morning, lay like a death-kite on your lawn.

I came to your party dressed as a shadow, without invitation, without a motive
I parked three streets from the moonlight - the soft walk to your house on a silver string. You were dancing in the backyard to a biscuit-tin beat.

I slunk between the notes, posting them off to the night. This is symptomatic of you and me : i have jars full of your breath.I have shelves of your words but you have nothing of me but a space where i would be.

Lyrics from Piano Magic.

10 comments:

  1. How enchanting. The photos fit so perfectly!

    Always,
    Ellie Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful quotes, then:)

    Thanks for sharing, Danica, have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These lyrics are so haunting. I cry every time I hear this song. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it isn't a cry like the one I was talking about.
    Everything is ok, by the way. I just have a lot on my plate and am having a hard time digesting it all. Thank you for your comfort, it means so much to me. :)

    Always,
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. what wondrous lyrics! i love the way you posted this with the interspersed pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such haunting lyrics! They send chills down my spine! But they are oh-so beautiful! I have missed reading your wonderful posts. They are always so thoughtful and inspiring.. I graduated from high school! Would you believe it? I haven't been keeping up with my blog because of finals and studying, but I'm finally done! Anyways, hope you are very well, and I look forward to hearing from you!

    Love always,
    Anh.

    ReplyDelete