May 4, 2010

great gatsby


Asculta mai multe audio Muzica

The bar is in full swing, and floating rounds of cocktails permeate the garden outside, until the air is alive with chatter and laughter, and casual innuendo and introductions forgotten on the spot, and enthusiastic meetings between women who never knew each others names.

Laughter is easier minute by minute, spilled prodigality, tipped out at a cheerful word. The groups change more swiftly, swell with new arrivals, dissolve and form in the same breath; already there are wanderers, confident girls who weave here and there among the stouter and more stable, become a sharp, joyous moment the center of a group.

And then, excited with triumph, glide on through the sea-change of faces and voices and color under the constantly changing light.

- The Great Gatsby


One of my favorite books of all time. I've probably read this classic about 5 times. :) I even wanted to name one of my kids Gatsby....but my husband would probably kill me. Do you have any books you've read a dozen times?

12 comments:

  1. lovelovelove.

    we should frolic in a field sometime. let's do it. it would be dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha well.

    that first photo is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl with a pearl earring.
    i hate how everyones like oh blahblah yeah whatever everyone knows that book blahblah,

    but yeah i do love it.

    i just love how descriptive the author is, and the way in which she describes things is another thing all together.

    i dont know its like i love it in a funny way. :)


    oh and btw love the photos. and your blog.
    :)

    x, nancy.
    ctrlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely pictures and lovely words!

    books i love and read over again:
    sophie's world
    time stops for no mouse
    the sands of time

    and i am currently getting through the lotr series. it's so very poetic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nancy- you know i love you too, right?

    michelle- i want to check out those books! you are a girl with lovely tastes...so i can only trust your favorites would be something i could love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Love!

    I hope you have been feeling better! Strep throat is nasty.

    I apologize for my absence but now my summer officially starts!

    I will be posting soon! Oh can't wait...
    I think I have seen a great Gatsby advertisement these last few days. I should check it out!

    Oh well, I read Pride and Prejudice, and Harry Potter several times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that book as well! I'm thinking about reading Tender is the Night, another book by Fitzgerald.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's pretty lame that I have not read that isn't it? I should get on that... Love the photo's and excerpts.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well written!
    I adore your blog and I will cerainly be coming back to read more from you :)) Please check out my blog too and if you like, comments and follows are much appreciated! :)) <3

    Have a fab day!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. why thank you pixie dust! i will for sure check out your blog. :) i do hope you come back to my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of course :)) I am your new follower, please follow as well :))
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Catcher in the Rye for me! I'm actually thinking of naming one of my kids Holden....

    ReplyDelete