May 9, 2010

forester


I once knew a boy named Forester. He had dark hair and even darker eyes. I still have dreams about those eyes and those moments of thinking about everything and nothing at all. We would climb into the woods and pretend we were rangers or lost royal members of the castle nearby. Mapped out plans of the future, old photographs stained with tears and years of baggage that not even time can erase. Swimming in the pond naked.....not embarrassed or scared. We were innocent, free and undignified. I always wondered if our folks worried about us. Spending countless hours in the trees. Feeling like we were floating. Floating above the world. He was one with the crunched leaves and the open sky. He was a forester. And I miss him so.

13 comments:

  1. Beautifully said. Quite charming actually.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...This is so beautiful

    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once knew of a boy like that. He lived right behind my house growing up. I never got to meet him; my mother always told me he was dangerous. So I would pretend he would be in my backyard underneath the long, untended-to grass and overgrown thistles.
    I have still yet to meet him. Nevertheless, we had great fun together.

    Always,
    Ellie Grace

    PS.
    I missed your posts while I was away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a lovely writer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you. Many things are easier said than done.
    But, we just have to keep dreaming.
    I like your comment a lot.
    I like you.

    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is just lovely, my dear ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. love. how are you my dear? i hope you are doing well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow,beautiful!

    I've been in similar situations :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. how sweet and fantastic! I really enjoyed reading this post :)

    xoxo
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete