April 22, 2010

I love you

As a Christian couple wanting to put God first we decided to hold our relationship to a high standard...and not kiss until we are engaged. It has only been a month and its been getting harder and harder so we've been praying for each other and with each other and what not. We also got this idea from a friend of his to not even say "i love you" before engagement. Both of us agreed that it might be a good idea as to not get too emotionally involved...but as of a couple days ago.....

We talk on the phone and ironically it had been on both of our hearts that the not saying "i love you" thing is quite stupid. haha It seemed like a silly rule as opposed to something God wants. We both felt like it was right and for the right reasons...so we agreed that we would say it from now on. I told him not to say it over the phone because a girl like me has to have any special moment to be perfect. haha So the next day ( our one month ) he came with flowers and a card ( while I made him dinner...my first meal ever ) and I wanted to open the card right away but he said to wait until later. So later that night after dinner he takes me to corona del mar to walk on the beach. ( which is one of our favorite things to do )

Anyhow, we walk in the sand and there are so many stars that I can't look down and I feel like I'm walking on air. We stroll along the beach and take our shoes off and leave them on a life guard tower and continue walking. The sun is going down and the waves are so calm, lights on the shore flicker and wave and all I can think about is this amazing man next to me. We walk about halfway and he says that I should open the card now. I take it out.....anticipating what will happen next. He asks to read it.....and he does.

I feel most loved by words and more words. Words mean the world to me and I hold them closer to my heart than an old photograph. I take a picture in my head of me looking up at him pouring his heart out with the ocean behind him. He finishes reading and ends with " I love you Danica". My heart gets warm and soars through my body leaving tingles of delight all the way to my toes. We hold each other on the beach and praise God for this beautiful moment.

"The only reason my heart beats is cos you showed it how."

20 comments:

  1. THIS IS HONESTLY THE CUTEST THING EVER.

    I love it.
    Love it
    Love it
    Love it.

    you inspire me.
    thanks
    :)





    much love hun,

    xxxx.
    ♥ CTRLOVE.BLOGSPOT.COM (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. DANICA!!!! Corona Del Mar is where Kenny told me he loved me for the first time and it was our 1 month anniversary too!!! YAY!!! :) I can't stop grinning for you. I love hearing all about your love story and look forward to hearing more. I CAN'T WAIT to see you and hug you and meet your man! Do you see how the Lord has protected your heart for this amazing adventure?! So proud of you and filled with joy to see the light of the Lord shining in you! Big Hugs and Kisses from your Seattle fam who loves you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, I can't even begin to describe how this make my heart feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely, good luck with it all. You too are very pure to be waiting until your engaged to kiss, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. angie- that is SO crazy!!!! hahaha i didn't even know that! how cool is that?! thank you so much! being in this relationship helps me love and understand God more. its amazing how i surrendered and then boom. absolutely amazing. :) i can't wait to see you too!!!!
    p.s we both want to move to washington state....so we'll probably see you sooner than you think. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one of the most precious things I have ever heard! If any girl deserves to be treated like a princess, it is you, sweet Danica. I am so glad God brought a man into your life to treasure you. You are so incredibly worth every minute of it!
    I am so happy for you, love.

    Always,
    Ellie Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. i totally know what you mean, i was actually thinking of not going tonight because i dont know what to wear, but its just like, ugh, gay. i want to go, but i dont know whatttt to wear and then i feel all ugly and yep. i now what you mean :)

    btw i cant getover how awesome your blog looks. so totally jealous LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. dear girl, thank you for your lovely comment. this post is...wow. good on you sweetheart.Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. dear girl, thank you for your lovely comment. this post is...wow. good on you sweetheart.Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It hurts me... but it makes me smile as well. Of please forgive me, Danica, of course I am very happy for you, and I love the idea of you have been thinking far and being committed to follow the norm of Christianity. Salute. I hardly observe this nowadays. But this do reminds me of something I have had before... of something which have been terribly shattered. But oh, I will, will, read the next post! He's so sweet, isn't he...
    Keep sharing;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. your blog is seriously beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. ella- thank you from the bottom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh thank you so much for following, love :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ella- you are most welcome... I love the photos you post. love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautiful.
    You are lovely.
    Thanks for the wonderful comment.

    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is beautiful. <3

    my darling, to answer your question:
    the photo of the mustard flower field is a park in costa mesa (fairview park to be exact)... i used to play there when i was little and it's gorgeous. the photo of the ocean is in corona del mar. :) two of my favourite places in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a beautiful story, Danica, it took my breath away. God bless you both with endless joy. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I agree, Danica. And I think sometimes... I like blogworld better. But don't tell the real world that, because it's feelings might get hurt. I know you will keep my secret safe. =]

    Always,
    Ellie Grace

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is the most adorable thing I have ever heard of. Your story gives so much hope to everyone-- you are inspiring hearts all around the world. :)

    Loves.
    A.

    ReplyDelete