March 13, 2010

by the seaside


I had woken up in a small house by the seaside that smelled of seawater and lavender. It felt familiar but new, everything in white lace and light shades of pink and gold. There is a small kitchen with hand painted roses on the counter tops and a beautiful table with shells placed carefully around the edges. I look around to the window and a gust of wind touches my face causing me to blink my eyes. The doorbell rings a sad and low tune...I feel like something is coming. I feel like maybe this is where I am supposed to be. Although this little house is quite lovely I already feel lonesome.
I slowly walk to the door and find outside a letter and a package...for me? I bring the package inside and find a string of butterfly lights, 3 little sparkly fish made out of clay and a dried up rose. I immediately hung the lights over the window and wondered if someone would see. My fingers were stained with glitter from the clay fishes and I clasped the dried rose in my hand and made a wish. I was so amazed at these little gems I forgot to read the letter. If I can find my way back to this place I will try to read it or learn who these where from. I feel like I'll see this little house again someday....but maybe with someone else. I want him by the seaside with me. I want him to love me forever, but he will never find this place unless I show him.

12 comments:

  1. this was so beautiful to read, it filled up my soul. the first line instantly reminded me of the lisa mitchell song 'love letter', one of my favorite songs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do share your longing. Mine is not the seaside. Mine somewhere where you could find many pinewoods and fogs. Sometimes I will visit your place, sometimes you will visit mine:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it did feel like magic.

    and i would LOVE to visit your place my dear. i've always wanted to dream up something like that. please share it with me soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, pretty, pretty words :) Yhey are magical... :)
    Thank you for your comment on my blog :)

    Kisses*

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have been wanting to go back to this dream but i can't recreate it it makes me so sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello darling! oh i'm so sorry, my apologies, i'm trying to make the colour darker (i don't like big fonts) but blogger is not letting me :(

    at the end of my posts, i have a '+' sign which links you to the original place where i find stuff. hope that helps!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. and so i cherish you. i love the banner! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. magic realism!!!

    So glad you're back. On blogger I mean. It's nice with something sweet among all the troubled stuff!

    XXX, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love running into lovely souls such as yourself, when surfing about the blogosphere. Makes my heart feel all warm and sunny! ♥

    xoxo,
    S-C

    ReplyDelete